Congratulations to the 2016 Conference Planning Committee
The AHEPPP Board of Directors is pleased to announce the 2016 Conference Planning Committee. Thank you for your commitment to AHEPPP and Parent/Family Programs nationwide!
Conference Chair: Ryan Lovell, The Ohio State University
Assessment: Chelsea Petree, Rochester Institute of Technology
Awards Selection: Leigh Ann Marshall, Baylor University
Hospitality: Lindsey Bray, University of Memphis; Paige Kegley, Clemson University
Marketing/Social Media Co-Chairs: Pricilla Childress, Missouri State University; Ahmet Aksoy, Northeast Lakeview College, Alamo Colleges
Programming Co-Chairs: Alexandra Price, University of California Los Angeles; Aimee Frierson, Louisiana State University
Pre Conference Co-Chairs: Kerri Fowler, North Carolina State University; Arie Gee, University of Florida
Strategic Partnerships: Heather Levesque, East Tennessee State University
Volunteer/Recognition: Kristen Brill, University at Buffalo
Please make plans to join us for our fifth National Conference November 14-16, 2016 in Boulder, Colorado. Registration and additional details will be available beginning May 1. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or for more information. #aheppp2016
About the Conference Committee
All committee positions, with the exception of the AHEPPP Board of Directors Conference Liaison and the AHEPPP Coordinator, serve a one-year term (January 2016 – January 2017). Preference for Conference Chair will be given to an individual who has previously served on the conference committee. All committee members must belong to AHEPPP member institutions.
Positions require on average of 2 -3 hours per week. As the conference approaches, time commitments can increase to 5 hours a week. Dependent on the role of the committee member, there may be time commitments during conference. Conference Chair and Area Chairs must attend the AHEPPP National Conference on November 14-16, 2016 Boulder, CO.
Conference Committee Positions and Description
AHEPPP Board of Directors Conference Liaison – Laci Weeden
Member of the Board of Directors
- Serve as the primary contact for the Conference Chair and provide input from the Board of Directors
- Conduct a site visit with the Board of Directors Chair and Conference Chair (expenses paid by AHEPPP)
- Participate in conference committee meetings
- In collaboration with the AHEPPP Coordinator and the Conference Chair, monitor and manage the conference budget
- In collaboration with the Board of Directors determine the location of future AHEPPP conferences
- Assist in the assessment of the Annual Conference
- Provide additional support to the conference committee as needed.
AHEPPP Coordinator – Lindsay McKinney
Reports to the Board of Directors
- Provide logistical support for all payment, scheduling and contracts for services
- Work with Marketing/Social Media Chair to execute the communication and marketing plan
- Coordinate vendor fair/exhibit space
- Manage any conference forms and online registration process
- In collaboration with the AHEPPP Coordinator and the Vice-Chair, monitor and manage the budget
- Support the Conference Chair and other committee members as needed.
Reports to Board of Directors Conference Liaison
- In partnership with the Board of Directors, determine theme and design for the conference; determine the technical, operational, and social vision for the conference
- Oversee the financial, administrative and logistical management of the conference
- Plan and facilitate structure and content of all conference planning meetings
- Work with Conference Planning Committee to refine and implement conference vision and goals, and ensure Area Chairs adhere to the conference budget
- Develop and implement conference schedule (number of sessions and number of acceptances for each venue)
- Conduct a site visit with the Board of Directors Chair and Conference Liaison (expenses paid by AHEPPP)
- In collaboration with Conference Liaison, develop master conference timeline integrating detailed timelines submitted by Area Chairs
- In partnership with the Board of Directors, organize the process to search for and select the conference keynote speaker
- In collaboration with the Liaison and the Coordinator, prepare regular reports for the Board of Directors to include financial, administrative, and logistical updates/information
- Support other committee members as needed
- Act as the public face and gracious host of the conference
- Prepare and submit a conference final report (executive summary) as directed to document decisions, activities, results of new programs, and recommendations of importance to future Conference Chairs and the Board of Directors.
The main goal of the Program Chair(s) and Program Selection Committee is to create a strong, innovative, and well-balanced program of educational sessions for the national conference.
- In collaboration with the Board of Directors, develop program goals, topics of interest, and program types
- Review deadlines and application process for Call for Programs
- Design, promote and coordinate the Call for Programs process by communicating in a timely manner with all potential program presenters
- Oversee the Program Selection Committee volunteers and manage program review process
- Provide feedback to presenters as needed to make presentations the best they can be
- Secure program presenters, titles, and descriptions for the conference schedule, as well as any A/V needs
- Host presenters at the conference and attend to their presentation needs
- Work with the AHEPPP Coordinator on the coordination and development of educational session evaluation
- Work with the Volunteers & Recognition Chair to thank all presenters.
- Plan, organize and secure curriculum, presenters, and materials for the pre-conference program
- Organize participant materials
- Work with the Marketing/ Social Media Chair to publish any and all communication to members about the pre-conference.
- Run and support all pre-conference day-of activities.
Awards Selection Chair
- Review deadlines and nomination process for Call for Awards
- Design, promote and coordinate the Call for Awards process and update award nomination forms
- Oversee the Awards Selection Committee volunteers, and manage the award submission and review process
- Order awards and coordinate the awards dinner at the conference
- Present awards to all recipients.
- Coordinates and conducts assessments of the National Conference and programs to ensure quality and track satisfaction and improvement
- Prepares report for AHEPPP members and conference attendees.
- Coordinate the participant welcome/check-in packet and participant gift
- Coordinate information resources for local attractions, restaurants, and activities for participants
- Coordinate information on parking, shuttles, & public transportation options
- In collaboration with the Conference Liaison and Coordinator, coordinate any off-site events, receptions & meals
- In collaboration with the Conference Liaison and Coordinator, coordinate the logistics of a conference service project and possible #SAFit activities (Zumba, yoga, group run, etc.)
- Coordinate informal group meals during unplanned times to ensure participants have someone to eat with.
Volunteers & Recognition Chair
- Coordinate the recruitment, training, supervision, and recognition of conference volunteers
- Assign volunteers to on-site conference duties, including on-site registration, local arrangements information table, etc.
- Secure and prepare gifts for keynote speaker, guest speakers, and presenters.
Strategic Partnerships Chair
- In collaboration with the AHEPPP Coordinator and Board of Directors works to secure partnerships and sponsorships for the National Conference
- Works closely with committee to create exciting, welcoming environment for vendors, partner associations, associate members, and guests.
Marketing/ Social Media Chair(s)
- In collaboration with the AHEPPP Coordinator and Area Chairs, develop a marketing plan and timeline for Call for Registration, Call for Programs, Call for Awards, and other conference announcements
- Create a social media calendar to post and promote the conference activities with the goal of getting members excited about and registered for the conference
- Create and promote the AHEPPP conference on all social media accounts.